▹ A free travel pass for you and a nominated individual on TfL transport (buses, trams, DLR and the over ground)
▹ Free parking
▹ Subsidised gym membership
Our engineering function is undergoing an exciting period of change and development in order to ensure that the engineering department is fit for the challenges of the future. We are looking for highly motivated individuals who are capable of meeting our customers’ needs which changes rapidly. This is an exciting time to join us and play a key part in helping develop a business that will set the standards that others will follow.
As a Mechanical or Electrical Engineer your main responsibility will be to provide a full range of repair, maintenance and servicing activities for all vehicles in line with the company and legislative standards and requirements. We have a range of vacancies within our garages and these positions operate a number of working patterns which are mainly a flexible shift pattern, and may include unsociable hours.
An NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject such as PCV or heavy vehicle engineering is essential, combined with health and safety knowledge. You should have experience of working as a Mechanical or Electrical engineer in the bus or commercial industry.
Your verbal and written communication skills are just as important to us as your technical skills. Proficient IT skills are essential combined with the ability to use or quickly learn to use any databases or manufacturer diagnostics systems. You will build relationships with the garage’s drivers and service controllers to help ensure a smooth running service. Your ability to work successfully with your own initiative and as part of a team will be what makes you stand out. You will also be recognised for your ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines without compromising the quality of the work carried out.
To apply you will need to send a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for this role. For more information and to apply, please contact a member of the HR Department on the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the high volume of applications we are receiving, we will only be in contact with successful candidates.
Our engineering function is undergoing an exciting period of change and development! In order to ensure that the engineering department is fit for the challenges of the future, we are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals with proven experience in maintaining complex highly technological transport systems. Our aim is to provide a service to our internal and external customers that we are proud of. This is an exciting time to join London United and play a key part in helping bus develop the business that will set the standards that others will follow. As Working Charge Hand, you will be a key member of the Garage’s management team.
• Supervise all engineering resources within your area of influence
• Ensure the provision of sufficient vehicles to the necessary standard in regard to reliability, presentation and operational requirements for the business.
• Support the Engineering Manager with supervising, motivating, coaching and influencing staff to ensure best practice within the garage.
• You will build relationships with the garage’s drivers and service controllers to help ensure a smooth running service.
• Proficient IT skills and the ability to use or quickly learn how to use any databases or manufacturer diagnostics systems.
• Ability to work successfully with your own initiative and as part of team.
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines without compromising the quality of the work carried out.
• NVQ level 3 (or equivalent) in a relevant subject such as heavy vehicle engineering is essential combined with health and safety knowledge.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Hold a driver’s/PCV license.
• Experience of working as a Mechanical or electrical engineer in the bus industry will give you an added advantage.
To apply you will need to send a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for this role. For more information and to apply, please contact a member of the Recruitment department on the following email address email@example.com.
RATP Dev London is now looking for a highly motivated individual 3rd Line Engineer who has experience with VMWare Esxi environment, Windows server 2012/2016, Citrix XenApp delivery and performance tuning and Multi-site networking. As a 3rd Line Engineer you will ensure the efficient running of the Group operations, via the provision of infrastructure management and technical support services.
• Participate and represent Information Systems as a technical expert in projects as defined to improve the operational performance of the Group.
• Work with Group IT to ensure standards of security, maintenance, and business continuity, whilst continuing to review and improve.
• Keep operational documentation up-to-date, and where necessary produce it
• Administer and improve backup, business continuity recovery systems and processes.
• Administration and maintenance of the Group infrastructure, including Active Directory, LAN\WAN, Internet access, firewalls and Exchange 2010+
• Solid experience in a similar position; 5-6 years experience in multi site environment
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2016
• Experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing and VLANs
• Knowledge of PowerShell Scripting
• Excellent knowledge of VMware 6.X in an enterprise environment with Veeam
• Good knowledge of Citrix XenApp 7.X and Microsoft Exchange 2010
• Experience in configuring and managing Cisco switches/firewall
• Organised and highly structured with a methodically approach to problem solving, and PM.
• Working with multiple teams and reporting lines across multiple locations.
• Administration of SQL Server 2008+ and McAfee EPO platform
• Knowledge of Manage Engine products
To apply you will need to send a CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for this role at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tolworth Garage has a vacancy for an Engineering Garage Support Assistant to help assist in the smooth and efficient daily running of the Garage. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager, they will provide full administrative support, within the Engineering Department in the Garage.
The Engineering Garage Support Assistant will be responsible for maintaining and updating administration procedures in the department, answering enquiries via the telephone and email, arranging engineering payroll each week, and ensuring that all databases and relevant filing systems are kept up-to-date. They will also be responsible for report writing and production of statistics.
Main duties for this role include:
• Monitoring and reporting on fuel systems
• Compiling and maintaining contract maintenance reports
• Managing contractor bookings and raising purchase orders
• Managing Staff Records
• Ensuring all databases are kept up to date (including Health and Safety), with the provision of other miscellaneous clerical data both paper and electronic
• Generating reports for the claims department
Skills and Experience required include:
• PC skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Access Database
• Good communication skills (verbal and written)
• High level of English and numeracy required
• Experience in compiling and writing reports
• Good organisation skills with the ability to work with own initiative and to tight timescales
• Full current UK Driving Licence (Category B & D)
• Agresso experience
Ideally candidates will have administrative experience.
Training will be given and candidates may also have an opportunity to work in other departments within the operation of the garage, helping to develop themselves and providing essential support where required.
To apply you will need to send your CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for this role. For more information and to apply, please contact the HR Department on the following email address email@example.com
Our engineering function is undergoing an exciting period of change and development. In order to ensure that the engineering department is fit for the challenges of the future we are now looking for an Engineering Manager at our Stamford Brook garage. The successful Engineering Manager will provide a high level of technical expertise and support to engineering staff’ to ensure their skills and competence levels continually improve and to identify training needs.
Engineering Managers are part of a team led by the Engineering Director, Regional General Managers & Engineering General Managers, which work together to resolve the practical and engineering issues facing the London fleet.
• Ensure that all staff within the garage fully understand and comply with company and statutory requirements in terms of Health & Safety and operating procedures
• To ensure that the depot(s) peak vehicle requirement is achieved on a daily basis and to ensure that all vehicles supplied for service are cleaned and maintained to a high standard that exceeds the statutory requirements set out by VOSA
• Dealing with the maintenance, health and safety and environmental impact of Company premises and ensuring legislative compliance
• Responsibility for staffing levels, recruitment, training, management, communication and pay of all engineering staff, adhering to Company policies, procedures and formal union agreements. This includes absence and performance management
• To build and deliver the engineering budget for your area of the business and ensure that targets are met
• Reduce waste and improve efficiency wherever possible
• Effective and efficient administration as record keeping and processing paperwork is an essential part of this role
• Experience in multi-site management
• Solid knowledge of technical engineering, engineering procedures and health & safety legislation.
• Adaptable, determined, and analytical, achievement focused
• Experience of developing and managing staff
• Proficient IT skills
• Proven ability to add value and move the business forward.
• Excellent communication skills
This is an exciting time to join us and play a key part in helping develop a business that will set the standards that others will follow.
The successful applicant must have or be prepared to achieve the Certificate of Professional Competence in Passenger Transport. Previous management experience in a similar role is essential. Appointments will be subject to completion of a satisfactory period of probation.
To apply you will need to send your CV and covering letter explaining how you meet the requirements for this role at firstname.lastname@example.org